14 September 2011

can't sleep, too distracted by pretties....

After a long day of work (at two different jobs) you'd think I'd be ready to go to sleep as soon as I got home. Somehow, my brain is still speeding at 100 miles a minute so I found myself still at my computer, hours later. Found some pretty gems (pun intended) recently...a girl can only dream right? If only my BF were the type to get me these things, but then again I wouldn't have anything to dream about, am I right?

I'm always all about blue, but lately I've been really into London blue topaz...these creations are all from etsy:

The above 2 are from one of my favorite stores, onegarnetgirl. I have long admired her work but have yet to smartly save up enough for one of her gorgeous pieces...one day!! Her pieces are simple and elegant and I should probably give the BF a little nudge eventually :)


This is a stunning untreated 5 carat blue topaz ring with white sapphires that I stumbled upon. I have no idea what I would do with a ring this beautiful because I doubt I could wear it every single day...but that's probably what I'd do if I owned it!

So let's be honest, I'll settle for a simple, modest London blue topaz, something like this:

;)

The last thing for today's show and tell is a change from blue topaz. I have to show off this beautiful agate slice necklace that I just received. When I was younger I wanted to be a gemologist because I found (and obviously still find, to a degree) gemstones and rocks and crystals SO interesting. I remember on a trip to a cavern a couple hours away, I brought home some agate slices home as souvenirs but I'm not sure what became of them. Plus, I like that it ever so slightly kinda looks like the shape of Taiwan, my parents' home country :)
I haven't gotten the chance to wear this yet but I can't wait! My favorite is the sparkly geode part in the middle...it's amazing how beautiful and natural these types of crystals can be.

2 comments:

  1. This necklace is gorgeous! Do you mind telling where you got it from? I found your blog from tPF. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karla! It is from Elizabeth Lydon on etsy, at http://www.etsy.com/shop/elizabethlydonstudio :) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete